Destash the stash - ideas & tips for keeping your craft room organised!
by HandmadeHQ on 29/01/2013 - 05:47 am
Category: Business Resources
No matter what you create, at some time or another I am sure you have ended up with a pile of craft supplies, that you will use.......one day!
Whether you create for business, as a hobby or relaxation, there is nothing more unmotivating then a cluttered workspace.
It's easy to let things get messy when we are busy ( I know, I do it all the time also ) but the last thing you want to end up feeling is frustrated or unmotivated about not being able to find what you are looking for when you need it.
Here are some tips to organise your room and some fab ideas to help you get started.....
1. Sort and Label - Sort products and bits and bobs into containers and label them. Labelled and stacked containers make a quick and easy way to find exactly what you are looking for, and space wise a great idea. Grab some el cheapo containers from your local junk shop and start sorting!
2. Install Shelving - If you are lucky enough to have a dedicated work / craft area, utilise empty wall space with shelving. A cheap and relatively easy fix, to keeping your desk space and floor free from supplies.
3. Cupboards - If attaching to walls is not your thing, Go-Lo recently had cupboard units that not only looked really good but were priced well. Depending on space available obviously decides what sort of cupboard size you can buy, but they had sizes from 30 x 30cm cubes up to a 2 door pantry style cupboards with acrylic frosted doors. You could easily refit your space for under $100!
4. Plan your space - keep the things you use the most close to your desk / workspace to limit getting up and down constantly.
5. Peg Boards - I love peg board storage and its relatively cheap and easy to create.
6. Declutter - If you have not used something in the last 6 months and can't see yourself using it in the immediate future then give it away or sell it! Add a bulk listing to ebay, or even facebook and destash the stash.
What a wonderful way to store ribbons and bits and bobs!
Use old jars or find some gems at your local op-shop for an inexpensive way to store buttons, beads, needles, spools.... the list is endless!
I will be using this idea for ribbon storage!
Easy wrapping paper storage